Weaving Women’s Voices in Southeast Asia (WEAVE)
Weaving Women’s Voices in Southeast Asia (WEAVE) is a regional group of women’s organizations and advocates working at the national level in six ASEAN countries:
- Burma (Women’s League of Burma)
- Brunei Darussalam (Majlis Kesejahteraan Masyarakat)
- Brunei Darussalam (Project Women Brunei)
- Cambodia (SILAKA)
- Indonesia (Kalyanamitra)
- Philippines (Women’s Legal and Human Rights Bureau)
- Thailand (Foundation for Women).
WEAVE advocates for women’s rights issues in ASEAN across all three pillars, particularly as related to gender equality, women’s political participation, violence against women, trafficking, and access to justice, among other women’s issues including in the context of conflict situations and peace processes. WEAVE also aims to enable and facilitate meaningful and informed participation of women in the ASEAN processes and mechanisms.
Learn more about WEAVE here.