The Women’s Legal and Human Rights Bureau (WLB), a feminist non-government organization (NGO) promoting women’s empowerment through the use of and engagement with the law and its institutions is in immediate need of a full-time Project Officer, preferably female. WLB works with women’s organizations, NGOs, people’s organizations, communities and social movement networks to promote women’s human rights and improve women’s access to justice.
We are looking for applicants with strong with background and competence in research, writing, capacity-building, program support, among other development work-related skills. The project is in relation to women and girl children’s rights in ASEAN hence a background on or familiarity with ASEAN is key. Interest in and commitment to social causes especially on women, girl-children, marginalized sectors and the poor communities would be an advantage.
As a feminist NGO, we are keen on finding an applicant who finds meaning in working for and contributing in the aims of transforming the society towards gender equality and access to justice for women.
- Research/ Development of IEC Materials
- Documentation/ write-up on challenges in accessing justice for victims of sexual violence; available remedies, and policy and legal reform recommendations at the national and regional levels
- Popularize and develop relevant IEC materials on the girl child and sexual violence based on national contexts. The IEC materials will be used for community education and for lobbying.
- Conduct data-gathering activities i.e., key informant interviews, focused group discussions, etc. o Documentation of project team meetings, workshops, etc. o Report writing o Participate in project team meetings
- Capacity-building and Organizing Dialogues
- Prepare Training Design, Modules, and Concept Notes
- Coordinate and manage preparations for the trainings and/ or dialogues
- Program Support
- Assist in coordination, preparation, and implementation of activities
- Provide technical and administrative assistance in project team meetings, workshops, etc.
- Participate in other activities outside of yet related to the project o Other tasks as may be assigned by the ED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or other relevant Discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience in NGO work or any related field
If interested, kindly submit an updated CV, sample written work on women, girl-children and/or gender, and cover letter addressed to: JELEN C. PACLARIN, Executive Director, Women’s Legal and Human Rights Bureau (WLB). Kindly send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, you may reach us at email@example.com, or (02) 921-4389. You may also visit our website at https://wlbonline.org/